- Investments in innovative early-stage startups
- Investing in option value
- Ideal company characteristics include: 1. significant market size, 2. fast growth, 3. defensible position, 4. high gross margins, and 5. low capital intensity
- Concentrated in patent dependent technology sectors and consumer Internet firms
- Expansion capital to fund growth of profitable businesses, taking them to the next level
- Generally execution-oriented middle market firms; may be capital intensive
- Purchase of mature businesses, typically financed ...