Appendix A: Private Equity Strategies Summary
Appendix A.1 Private Equity Strategies Summary 1 of 3
- Investments in innovative early-stage startups
- Investing in option value
- Ideal company characteristics include: 1. significant market size, 2. fast growth, 3. defensible position, 4. high gross margins, and 5. low capital intensity
- Concentrated in patent dependent technology sectors and consumer Internet firms
- Expansion capital to fund growth of profitable businesses, taking them to the next level
- Generally execution-oriented middle market firms; may be capital intensive
- Purchase of mature businesses, typically financed ...
Get The Complete Direct Investing Handbook now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.