This tutorial teaches you how to use the new CSS3 Flexbox box model to create responsive web layouts more effectively!
About This Video
Simple grids with Flexbox where all columns in a row have the same size
More advanced Flexbox grids where columns can have arbitrary sizes
Vertical centering to vertically align any element
Media objects, the popular OOCSS pattern
The Holy Grail Layout, a complete site layout with sidebars and sticky footer
After this course, you'll be able to use Flexbox to vertically align any element, create modern gridstake up remaining space, add spacing between elements, implement complete site layouts and much more!Inside the course, I'll answer all questions you may have along the way.To see Flexbox in practice, 3 mini-projects will manifest your skills and enable you to use Flexbox productively in future web design projects. I look forward to seeing you inside. As a bonus, this course includes a complete Flexbox Cheat Sheet that you can use to recap all you've learned and to refer back to while using Flexbox. Additionally, I included the code for a Flexbox demo showcase -- which is like an interactive cheat sheet for you to see in the browser that contains every property and every layout example from this tutorial.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Welcome To The Flexbox Course!
- How To Make The Most Of This Course 00:02:05
- Chapter 2 : Let's Dive Right In: Learn The Flexbox Basics
Chapter 3 : Styling Flex Containers
- flex-direction - Creating Row & Column Layouts 00:07:02
- justify-content - Justifying Items Along the Main Axis 00:06:02
- align-items - Aligning Items Along the Cross Axis 00:04:06
- flex-wrap - Multiple Rows & Wrapping Inside Flex Containers 00:03:03
- align-content - Justifying Content Along the Cross Axis 00:04:36
- Chapter 4 : Designing Flex Items
- Chapter 5 : Flexbox in Practice
Chapter 6 : Where to go from here...
- A Quick Recap & What's Next 00:03:51
- Title: The Complete Flexbox Tutorial: Learn CSS3 Flexbox in 2017
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788628112