Build your audience with professionally designed, UX-friendly apps
About This Video
- Learn basic design principles and tools and work on three brilliant projects
- Learn the basics of prototyping
Welcome to The Complete Guide to Designing a Mobile App!
Many fantastic apps never attract a big audience, and one key reason for that is that they're poorly designed. There's a big difference between building an app and designing it; it's the difference between an app that works perfectly, looks fantastic, and does exactly what it promises, and one that doesn't. The more design work you put into your app, the more successful your app will be.
In this course, you'll get a brief overview of design principles, before getting into the how-to and learning by doing, with regular exercises and challenges to test and cement your learning. The first half of the course focuses on:
- Design basics—Learn simple (but devastatingly effective) design principles. Understand the differences between iOS and Android design systems, and what that means for your app.
- Polishing your idea—Tailor your app to your users and stand out from the competition! Learn how to sketch out and wireframe an app idea and see the difference this makes!
- Information architecture—The backbone of any good app. The structure of your design is so important—learn the guiding principles behind the app and information architecture here!
- Style—color, font, icons, typography. Everything you need to know!
- Components and patterns—Help users navigate your app. Create forms, fields, notifications, animations, and more!
- The user experience—Make your app simple and intuitive and your users will love you. Learn how here.
- Design with Sketch—A complete guide to the hugely well-regarded design software, Sketch.
As your skills increase and your confidence grows, you'll start work on three brilliant projects, designing and creating every element of the following apps!
- An Instagram app
- A food delivery app
- A studio booking app
By the end of this course, you'll know everything there is to know about app design and will have created three hugely impressive projects for your career portfolio!
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Welcome
- Chapter 2 : Design Basics
- Chapter 3 : Discovery to Solid Idea
- Chapter 4 : Information Architecture, the bones of your app
- Chapter 5 : Style
- Chapter 6 : Components & Patterns
- Chapter 7 : Bring it Together
- Chapter 8 : Design with Sketch
- Chapter 9 : Design an Instagram Clone
Chapter 10 : Design a Food Delivery App
- Overview of Food Delivery App Project 00:00:46
- Order Flow Overview 00:09:34
- Order Cart Solution 00:08:14
- Delivery and Payment Solution 00:05:36
- Order Confirmation Solution 00:08:34
- Login/Sign Up Overview 00:02:35
- Login/Sign Up Solution 00:17:30
- Restaurant Listings Overview 00:01:23
- Restaurant Listings Solution 00:18:39
- Details & Reviews Overview 00:00:59
- Restaurant Details Solution 00:10:21
- Reviews Page Solution 00:09:21
- Chapter 11 : Design a Studio Booking App
- Chapter 12 : Prototyping Tools
- Chapter 13 : Voice, AR, & Gaming
- Chapter 14 : Resources & Conclusion
- Title: The Complete Guide to Designing a Mobile App
- Release date: October 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838984830
You might also like
UX Design Process Simplified from User Research to Usability
UX Process for Beginners from User Interviews to Personas, User stories, Information architecture to Usability testing …
The Complete React Developer Course (with Hooks and Redux)
Learn how to build and launch React web applications using React, Redux, Webpack, React-Router, and more! …
The Complete Node.js Developer Course (3rd Edition)
Learn Node.js by building real-world applications with Node, Express, MongoDB, Mocha, and more! About This Video …