In This Chapter
- Determining your goal
- Stating what’s in it for the customer
- Expressing your call to action
- Writing for world class service
- Knowing which phrases to avoid—at all costs
- Utilizing elements of a good “Bad News” letter
Liar, Liar, your pants are on fire! Remember this phrase from your younger days? This is how your customers feel when they read letters that are sent in the spirit of service but are not written in the spirit of service.
The toughest part of sending a written communication is that many times you will not know how your customer reacts to the message unless they are driven to action. In most cases, ...