In This Chapter
- Establishing super values
- Creating inspirational vision statements
- Acting and talking like a strategic leader
- Setting the direction for large-scale change
- Becoming a revolutionary thinker
- Being a knowledge manager
- Managing the change you’ve created
A large multinational conglomerate was holding its annual stockholders’ meeting. Profits had been down for three years. The stock price had plunged 25 percent below its peak of 5 years ago. Many shareholders were disappointed and restless.
During the question-and-answer period, a major stockholder asked the CEO, “Mr. Sommer, could ...