In This Chapter
- Promoting a mission that binds the group
- Fostering interaction through physical proximity and encouraging people to share ideas
- Rewarding contributions to team goals
- Engaging in tasks performed by the team and creating rewarding opportunities for others
- Encouraging the use of in-group jargon and introducing humor with appropriate frequency
Jill, the recently appointed manager of product planning at a food manufacturer, was invited to visit a staff meeting of the packing design team. She welcomed the invitation because packaging design was an essential part of launching a new product.