In This Chapter
- The nature of empowerment
- The nuts and bolts of empowerment
- Knowing who and who not to empower
- Using delegation to empower others
- Setting boundaries to empowerment
Business executive Kevin had been troubled by a sharp pain that extended from the right side of his neck to the middle of his scalp. For six weeks, Kevin denied that this pain was serious enough to warrant medical attention. When he began to think that he might have a brain injury or a tumor, he scheduled a medical examination.
Kevin was first examined by Nicholas, a physician’s assistant. Kevin described his symptoms, including the ...