In This Chapter
- Deciding how much to involve the group in decision-making
- Setting up the right climate for group decision-making
- Taking the group through the problem-solving steps
- Getting fancy: using the nominal group technique
- Using word processing to enhance group decision-making
Vice president of administration Emily decided to plan a year-end holiday party for the departments reporting to her. They had exceeded productivity and quality quotas, but upcoming salary raises barely matched inflation. Finding that most party houses were already booked for weekend nights in December, Emily booked a party house 25 ...