In This Chapter
- Dealing with manipulators
- Dealing with dissenters
- Handling the personality quirks of others
- Negotiating with difficult people
- Giving recognition and affection to needy people
- Avoiding too much emotional involvement with difficult people
Nina, the manager of business services for an office equipment company, just returned from a conference on employee compensation. During her next staff meeting, she explained to the group, “There’s a new development in employee compensation that’s sweeping the country. It looks to me like an excellent fit for our company. The technique is called broadbanding. Basically, ...