In This Chapter
- The meaning of leadership
- The difference between leadership and management
- Effective leaders versus effective managers
- Leadership as a relationship and a partnership
- To lead is to inspire, persuade, influence, motivate, and create positive change
- Leading changes and transformations
Imagine it’s the end of your professional career and you’re about to retire. You’ve been lucky enough to work for a company long enough to collect at least a small pension and participate in a retirement party. Which of the following toasts do you want the emcee to propose?
- “_____ was a wonderful worker here and in the other six companies ...