What Are Person-to-Person (P2P) Loans?
In This Chapter
• Why it’s difficult to get a loan from a bank
• What P2P lending is all about
• How the concept of credit began
• Why P2P lending is picking up speed
• Borrowing and lending money online
Lately, you’ve probably been hearing a lot about person-to-person (P2P) lending. Maybe you’ve read about it in magazine articles, seen ads on television, and heard testimonials from acquaintances. Or maybe you discovered this new industry while researching loans on the Internet.
Whether you want to borrow money or lend money, P2P lending is an option for you to explore. In this chapter, you learn about how the economy has helped to create the P2P lending industry. You also get a glimpse into how ...