Keeping an Eye on the Industry
In This Chapter
• Federal regulations for P2P lending
• A variety of federal credit protection laws
• P2P lending regulations and usury laws that vary state to state
• How WebBank works with P2P lending sites
• Legislation on the horizon that might affect bank loans
As consumers, most of us aren’t aware of just how many laws are protecting us. There are lots of regulations that prevent credit discrimination. The P2P lending industry is subject to these regulations just as your credit card company is. Here’s a crash course in everything you need to know about who’s watching over the P2P industry—and who’s looking out for you, too.
There are many federal regulations that protect consumers. ...