Beyond Your FICO Score: Interest Rates and More
In This Chapter
• Some basic facts about interest rates
• How the Federal Reserve’s rate affects you
• Interest rates and state regulations
• How debt-to-income ratio is calculated and what it means to lenders
• Calculating estimated ROI
You now have a sound working knowledge of how a FICO score can affect someone’s available interest rate—sound enough to entertain co-workers at your next company picnic! On second thought, you’re not likely to have a captive audience unless you’re the boss.
Now let’s take one more step and examine how national interest rates affect the rate a person gets on a P2P loan. If you’re a borrower, you want the best rate. If you’re a lender, you want the best return. ...