Corporations: Separate Legal Entities
In This Chapter
• The different types of corporations
• Characteristics and powers of a corporation
• What’s involved in creating a corporation
• Terminating a corporation
• Creating a new entity
• Shareholders and liability
When a group of people decide to start a business together, a likely form is a corporation. While a corporation can be one of several types, all share key benefits that make this entity particularly appealing. There are also weaknesses that need to be carefully evaluated, so the best form can be chosen. So let’s dive in and dissect this business form.
Types of Corporations
In its simplest form, a corporation is an organization formed under the auspices of a state government for ...