Employment Relationships and Laws
In This Chapter
• Does an employment relationship exist?
• Duties and rights of employees
• State laws that apply to employment relationships
• Federal laws that apply to employment relationships
• Employees’ right to privacy
Employment law is a key cornerstone of business law, because most businesses employ people. This area also touches most people’s lives because most people work. Employment law is a complex area that strives to balance the needs of the employers and employees.
In this chapter we’ll examine several items starting with how to determine when there’s an employment relationship. Then we’ll look at the basic state and federal laws that govern employment relationships. Finally, we’ll take ...