Whether interested in Latin or just seeking a deeper understanding of English, readers will find a fun alternative to the standard dusty tomes usually associated with Latin. Included in this revised edition are updated vocabulary lists relevant to today's world, expanded pronunciation guides, Latin-to-English and English-to-Latin translation, and a workbook of exercises, reading passages, and tools for greater comprehension of the language.
In 2002, the number of high school students taking Latin tests for college credit had risen 95% since 1993.
According to CNN, educators are increasingly turning toward Latin to improve student performance in reading, math, and science.
Perfect reference tool for Law School, medical school, music school, and other graduate school students faced with getting through a Latin course as a requirement.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Part 1 - Frequently Asked Questions
Part 2 - What’s in a Word?
- Chapter 3 - People, Places, and Things
- Chapter 4 - What’s in a Name? More Nouns
- Chapter 5 - Let’s Have Some Action
- Chapter 6 - Action Without an Ending—Verbals
- Chapter 7 - The Good and the Bad—Adjectives and Accusatives
- Chapter 8 - Taking the Place of Nouns—Pronouns
- Chapter 9 - Where? When? How Many?
- Chapter 10 - Expanding the Time Frame—Past and Future Tenses
- Part 3 - Expressing Yourself in Latin
- Part 4 - Reading Latin—Selections from Ancient Authors
- Part 5 - Coping with Latin in the Modern World
- Part 6 - Grammar Workbook
- Appendix A - Vocabulary Lists
- Appendix B - Grammar Summary
- Appendix C - Selections from Latin Authors Often Used in Traditional Curriculum
- Appendix D - Answer Keys
- Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Learning Latin, 3rd Edition
- Release date: August 2006
- Publisher(s): Alpha
- ISBN: 9781101097434
You might also like
Impractical Python Projects
Impractical Python Projects picks up where the complete beginner books leave off, expanding on existing concepts …
Guide to Essential Math, 2nd Edition
This book reminds students in junior, senior and graduate level courses in physics, chemistry and engineering …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Calculus Essentials For Dummies
Calculus Essentials For Dummies (9781119591207) was previously published as Calculus Essentials For Dummies (9780470618356). While this …