In This Chapter
• Keeping everyone safe and sound
• Security for every budget
• Teaching the tenants well
• Knowing how to respond to different emergencies
• Working positively with the media
On any given day, hundreds (maybe thousands) of residents, guests, contractors, staff, and others can walk in and out of your buildings and on the property. Everyone is an open target to potential security risks, such as intruders, burglars, vagrants, suspicious packages, vandalism, illegal activity, and even terrorism. Having a security plan in place is vital to keeping everyone and everything safe and sound.
What security measures you should have depends on the size of the building and, of course, the budget. Not every building can afford, ...