Understanding the Procurement Process
In This Chapter
• Procurement: what it is and how it works
• Seven steps of the procurement process
• Factors that slow the flow of money
• Ways your business’s size relates to procurement
• Ways to influence procurement
If you’re already doing business with governments, it’s likely you’ve been dealing with people relatively far down the procurement food chain. And maybe that’s all you really need to know to do your job day-to-day. But if you‘re curious about how the authority to expend government funds flows through the procurement cycle, then this chapter is for you. And even if you believe you are not affected by all that wrangling and political bickering in Washington, you may benefit from having ...