Learn the Market
In This Chapter
• Finding information on the real estate market
• Checking out the local economy
• Understanding what a buyer’s market is and how it can work for you
• Understanding a seller’s market and how you can still find your dream home
• Playing the numbers—understanding selling and listing prices
The current real estate market can tell you a lot about buying a home. For example, if the economy is doing poorly, home prices may be dropping, making it a perfect time to buy your home. If the stock market is soaring, home prices might be, too, and you might have to pay top price for the home of your dreams. Knowing the economy and real estate market where you want to buy is important, too. Is it a growing town where ...