What Happiness Is … and Isn’t
In This Chapter
- When there is confusion of pleasure and happiness
- Why money won’t buy happiness
- Whether falling in love means lasting happiness
- Why lasting happiness comes from within
- Why there are many obstacles to happiness
You’ve just heard that it’s freezing cold back home, but you don’t mind because you’re on vacation in the tropics. In fact, right now you’re floating in a raft chair in a crystal-clear swimming pool, twirling a cool drink with a festive umbrella stirrer, and taking a long sip. Are you happy?
You’ve been working outdoors on a hot, humid day. You’re parched and perspiring. Suddenly you hear the merry tinkling of a familiar tune. It’s the ice-cream man! Someone brings you ...