Happiness, Hope, and Healing
In This Chapter
- Changing perspectives on health
- Learning which character traits can enhance health
- Changing poor health habits
- Learning the lessons of illness
- Aiming toward happier doctor-patient relationships
How often have you heard someone say, “If you have your health, you have everything”? It might sound cliché, but as with many clichés, it is based on a universal truth. No matter how preoccupied we are with anything else in life, no matter how fulfilled we think we are, we quickly rearrange our priorities if we become unwell.
Health is happiness. That much we all agree on. But positive psychology is also concerned with a corollary of that truism: can happiness help us create, maintain, ...