In This Chapter
- Knowing the differences in college costs
- Traditional and not-so-traditional college accounts
- Locating an affordable school
- Finding out if you qualify for financial aid
- Using your home to pay for college
If your son or daughter is getting ready to go off to college, you’re probably experiencing an array of feelings on many different levels. You’re no doubt happy for your child, but a little anxious and worried, as well.
She’s really going away—maybe far away—and you might not see her again for months. You wonder if she’ll be okay without you. Will she get along with her roommate? Will she eat right? Will she be able to keep up with all the work involved? Will she be happy?
After you finish considering your child’s ...