In This Chapter
- The high cost of a wedding
- Understanding who pays for modern weddings
- The biggest wedding costs
- Cutting expenses to reduce wedding costs
- Knowing when to stop spending
Your son or daughter is getting married, and you (hopefully) couldn’t be happier. Seeing your child in love and happily looking forward to a wonderful day is a rewarding and wonderful experience. Or perhaps you’re planning to tie the knot, whether for the first time, or not.
If you’re going to be involved with planning and paying for a wedding, you’ll no doubt experience some concerns about the cost of the event. Your concerns certainly are valid. The average cost of a wedding these days is $19,000, for an average of 200 guests, according to Brides ...