In This Chapter
- Figuring out what you can afford to buy
- Keeping extra costs in mind
- Examining payment options
- Understanding mortgages and loans
- Taking a good, hard look at what’s involved
If, after long bouts of debating, deciding, and redeciding, you’ve finally concluded that you’re going to take the plunge and buy a new home, this is a must-read chapter for you.
You’ve found the perfect home, in the perfect neighborhood. It’s convenient, it’s accessible to your friends, to the shops you frequent, and if applicable, to your kids’ schools. It’s got the extra bathroom you’ve always wanted, and the closets are absolutely huge. The kitchen is fabulous, with plenty of cabinet space and a work island in the middle. ...