In This Chapter
- Recognizing the difficulty of death and changing relationships
- Dealing with the financial impact of death
- Knowing how divorce affects finances
- Sorting out financial matters in remarriage
- Coping with an empty nest
- Illness and finances
While all major life changes can be challenging and difficult, death and changing relationships are among the most painful.
Relationships shift and alter with time. They don’t stay the same. Children grow up and develop completely different relationships with parents than those they had when they were very young.
As parents age and grow dependent on their children, the parent-child role may reverse. Marriages that last for many years undergo transition upon transition. ...