In This Chapter
- Understanding how we save for retirement
- Looking at some common types of pension plans
- And then there are 401(k)s
- Understanding the plan you have
- Planning for what you’ll need
Most people look forward to retiring. They look forward to having time to do all the things they never got around to while they were working. The problem is, all those trips and activities are going to cost money. And you’ll still have the upkeep on your home to think about. You’ll still need to buy food. You’ll still want to be able to buy presents for people, and go to the movies, and eat at your favorite restaurants.
The obvious question is, where will that money come from?
When we start thinking about retirement—as, no doubt, many ...