In This Chapter
- Understanding the importance of a will
- Deciding who will take care of your kids
- Protecting your family and business
- Considering a living will
- Understanding power of attorney
- Doing what you need to do
When we’re young, we assume that we’ll live forever. We’re invincible. By the time we reach our 40s and 50s, however, most people have a pretty good handle on their mortality. Sure, we expect that we’ll continue to live for a long time. It’s just that by now, we know we won’t live forever.
And, we understand by this stage of the game that life is tenuous. We’ve probably all known somebody about the same age who was killed in an accident, or died from cancer or another disease. Maybe you’ve even had ...