In This Chapter
- Stepping in when it’s necessary
- Helping Mom and Dad with money matters
- Keeping everyone involved and up to date
- Planning for appropriate housing
- Knowing that care-giving is hard work
If you’re lucky, your parent or parents are financially stable, in a comfortable living situation, and have planned well for their futures.
It’s nice to be able to sit back, confident that Mom is financially comfortable, and settled nicely in the new, manageable home she moved into after Dad died. Or that Mom and Dad are planning to take some of the trips they’ve always wanted to, now that Dad’s finally retired.
Maybe your parent or parents require help with daily tasks such as dressing and bathing, and reside in an assisted ...