In This Chapter
- Adding up your liabilities
- Mortgages and refinancing
- Dealing with credit card debt
- Getting the best deal on a car loan
- Cutting daily expenses
- Minimizing the financial ouch of divorce
You’ve got your home, your salary, some savings and investments, a couple of vehicles, and the not-so-tangible assets such as your family, friends, and your place within your community.
Sounds like you’re doing just fine.
Of course, life isn’t all assets. Chances are you have some liabilities as well. Hopefully, the numbers you tally up on the minus side of your balance sheet aren’t out of control, and you’re managing nicely.
In this chapter, we’ll take a look at some of the common liabilities most of us deal with, such as mortgages, ...