Welcome to Gear World
In This Chapter
- ♦ Strategies to organize your gear
- ♦ When to replace your gear
- ♦ Navigating retail shops and online stores
- ♦ Using product reviews and videos
- ♦ Do-it-yourself gear
- ♦ Making your gear last longer
It’s Thursday night before a weekend hike when you finally find the time to pack your gear. To your dismay, you discover your sleeping pad has a tear, your stove is on the fritz, and your boots need waterproofing. Sound like a familiar last-minute scramble? You’re not alone. Most hikers wait until just before they leave for a hike to review their equipment.
The better approach is to make organizing, ...