Controlling Your Cash Flow
In This Chapter
- Increase discretionary income, reduce debt
- Fixed expenses and variable expenses
- Tips for increasing your income
- Tips for decreasing your fixed expenses
- Tips for decreasing your variable expenses
The most important thing I’ve learned in all my years of school, training, and professional experience can be summed up in a phrase uttered by my final college professor. He said, regarding everything from large corporate budgets to our personal finances, “Cash flow is king.”
In other words, those who have more money “flowing” in than out will ultimately control their destiny. Those who run a negative cash flow each month will become subject to others (in the form of debt).
Never is this so true as ...