Credit Card Strategies
In This Chapter
- It’s simple: decrease spending and increase payments
- Stop using credit cards for daily expenditures
- Don’t carry the cards with you
- When you need to have a credit card
- “Silver bullets” to use in paying off your card
Have you ever watched any movies or TV shows about the armed forces? One of my favorites is the old Richard Gere classic, An Officer and a Gentleman. One of the staples of the boot camp training in that movie is the obstacle course. At the center of that obstacle course is “the wall,” which is this monstrously tall obstacle that most people, until they figure out the trick, can’t seem to get over.
If getting rid of your debt is an obstacle course, then credit cards are your “wall.” They’re ...