Getting Your Creditors Off Your Back
In This Chapter
- Sympathy for the devil
- Understanding your rights under the law
- Steps to stop the harassment
- If a creditor steps over the line
- Steps to take when facing auto repossession, eviction, or utility shutoffs
- Reporting a violation of your rights
Being in debt is stressful enough by itself. But, when your creditors start bombarding you with letters, harassing you with phone calls, and even making threats, it can be downright terrifying. Worst of all, you feel completely helpless because you know your creditors have a legal right to get paid.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Thanks to legal protections put in place by the federal and state governments, you are entitled to a minimum level ...