Going to Crowds for Answers
In This Chapter
• Crafting questions to get the “right” answers
• Recognizing limitations of free general answer sites
• Using fee-based answer sites
• Working with problem-solving crowds
• Understanding answers from the crowd
The concept of going to crowds for answers isn’t new. In fact, reaching out to groups to find answers to questions or to solve problems went on long before we had Internet-based communities. Today, there are open and managed crowdsourced answer sites, and you can find either free or fee-based services. These answer sites offer a service referred to as informational crowdsourcing.
When Crowd Answers Count
Since the 1990s, there have been websites that attempt to bring people together ...