Fundraising from Crowds
In This Chapter
• Applying crowdsourcing to fundraising
• Articulating your fundraising needs
• Funding personal projects through crowds
• Finding crowds to invest in your company
• Managing money and donors
In the world of fundraising, whether for an organization or a company, there are benefits to reaching out to many people to ask that they contribute money. Fundraisers are applying the principles of crowdsourcing to raising funds, from donations to business capital.
When turning to crowds for money, it’s important to have realistic expectations about the process. You also need a way to manage the funds and to understand the tax implications, especially if you’re not running a nonprofit organization. Finally, ...