What do you really want to do? Finding the perfect career isn't easy, but it's certainly attainable.
This guide offers readers the chance to trade in their unsatisfying jobs for fulfilling careers. This book helps them by providing a process of self-assessment that includes questions on personality, talents, values, interests, and goals; advice on how to make a smooth transition from one career to another; and an action plan to take the steps toward landing the perfect career.
-According to The Conference Group, only 48.9% of working Americans are satisfied with their jobs, the lowest level of job satisfaction since pollsters first began surveying the topic in 1995
-Career self-discovery books are among the best-performing in the career category
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Part 1 - What Do You Really Want to Do with Your Life?
- Part 2 - Assess Yourself: Uncovering the Real You
- Part 3 - Discovering Your Perfect Career Fit
Part 4 - Learn More About Your Dream Career
- Chapter 19 - Resources on the Internet
- Chapter 20 - Interviewing Job Holders
- Chapter 21 - Coaches and Mentors
- Chapter 22 - Diversity and Multicultural Resources
- Chapter 23 - Do You Really Need a J-O-B?
- Chapter 24 - Multiple Business Streams
- Chapter 25 - Try Out a Job
- Chapter 26 - Make a Plan of Action
- Appendix A - Career Profile Map
- Appendix B - Glossary
- Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Discovering Your Perfect Career
- Release date: September 2005
- Publisher(s): Alpha
- ISBN: 9781440625817
You might also like
What to Do When Things Go Wrong: A Five-Step Guide to Planning for and Surviving the Inevitable—And Coming Out Ahead
Manage every business problem like you were born for it—from a problem customer to a career-threatening …
Python Projects for Beginners: A Ten-Week Bootcamp Approach to Python Programming
Immerse yourself in learning Python and introductory data analytics with this book’s project-based approach. Through the …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Where do you fall on your organization's performance spectrum? Unstoppable is performance-enhancing manual for those who …