What Is a Meeting or Event, Anyway?
In This Chapter
• Discover the sizeable economic impact made by the meetings industry
• Understand the definition of a meeting and event planner
• Learn about various types of meetings
• Learn what meetings and events have in common
• Understand the roles that for-profit and nonprofit organizations play when developing meetings and events
In the United States alone, there are thousands of individuals who plan meetings and events. Although it is impossible to count every one—even those who plan as part of their job or as volunteers—the number is huge, and the hotels, conference centers, and resorts know it. They have meetings in their facilities practically every day of the year. If you include the planners ...