Supplier Secrets No More: Where Communication Is Key
In This Chapter
• Understand in advance what happens when you contact a hotel, resort, or conference center sales office regarding a meeting or event
• Establish good communication with the sales manager
• View your meeting or event under a supplier’s microscope
• Understand the “passing off” of your business
• Focus on understanding what makes your meeting profitable to a hotel
Suppliers and vendors are the folks who provide you with the products, places, and services necessary to plan and execute a meeting or event. They include, but are not limited to, the following: venues (hotels, convention centers, conference centers), airlines, ground-transportation companies, decorators, florists, ...