The Final Stretch: What to Expect Onsite
In This Chapter
• Learn what to do once you arrive at the meeting/event facility
• Identify the meeting/event facility players
• Understand the value of managing your rooming lists
• Understand your role and responsibilities onsite
• Distinguish between pre- and post-convention meetings
The day has finally arrived—you are going onsite. What exactly should you expect? What can you do to make things run smoothly? What exactly is your job onsite? In this chapter, we explore these issues to give you a good idea what happens from the minute you check in to the moment you leave.
We will also look at the convention resumé, meetings with the facility’s staff, how to set up your conference office, and ...