Personal Financial Planning: A Profession Whose Time Has Come
In This Chapter
• The emergence of the financial planning industry
• Six steps of personal financial planning
• Personal financial planning goes boom!
• The changing roles of brokers and agents
• What’s ahead for the financial planning profession
If you ask your grandfather what a personal financial planner is, there’s a good chance that he won’t know. In fact, the older he is, the less likely he can answer.
Personal financial planning is a profession that both started and gained prominence in the late twentieth century. In the twenty-first century and beyond, the future is very bright for the profession. There are demographic reasons, complexity issues, and lifestyle dreams ...