The First Few Years
In This Chapter
• Starting your career in an insurance agency, with a large investment firm, in a bank, or with a CPA or law firm
• Inside financial planning firms
• Selling services and products to financial planners
• Managing client expectations (and what clients expect from you)
• How to manage your irreplaceable resource: time
The first few years in any career can set the stage for the rest of your life. Finding the right entry point to the financial planning business is a very personal decision, and you need to consider what you are expected to do for the first few years.
In this chapter, you will learn what to expect in the first few years in the financial planning business. Making the right choices and knowing ...