The Tax Man—Older but Still Around
In This Chapter
• Are taxes that important in retirement?
• What to do before you retire
• Taxes and your Social Security benefits
• Ways to cut taxes post-retirement
• Employed? Be careful
• Resources to help your tax situation
It’s natural (and necessary) to focus much of your attention and effort on amassing sufficient retirement assets. But if you don’t take taxes into account, your retirement nest egg may take financial hits that often can be avoided. And that can affect the overall quality of your retirement.
This chapter is designed to head off that headache before it happens. Here, we’ll discuss the importance of taxes with regard to your retirement and outline some strategies and ideas to help ...