Speaking to Promote, Market, and Sell Anything Better
In This Chapter
• Bigger benefits than money
• Tips for successfully selling yourself
• Always behave as though you’re being paid to speak
• People want to be sold on something!
• Ethical behavior leads to long-term success
You have undoubtedly come into contact with speakers who may not have really been professional speakers at all, but rather people promoting some product, service, idea, or image—their company or themselves. Some speakers are promoters, marketers, or salespersons—or all three! These folks are offering not a message, but something to the sometimes unsuspecting public or attendees at all kinds of meetings.
Don’t get me wrong; I am not against this. I am actually for ...