You Can Be the Coach
In This Chapter
• Incorporating coaching into various roles
• Preparing to coach by understanding yourself
• Reaching a coaching agreement with the PBC (person being coached)
• Looking for opportunities to coach
• Knowing what results to expect
Coaching is a brain-altering experience. The new insights you’ll help people gain through your coaching create new synapses and neural pathways in their brains. What you might be surprised to learn, however, is that it’s a brain-altering experience for you, the coach, as well.
In order to coach others, you’ll first have to clarify and adjust your assumptions about people. When you do that, you can interact with them better in a coach approach. That’s what this chapter is about. ...