Coaching People Who Work for You
In This Chapter
• Knowing when to coach and when to direct
• Developing coaching as a leadership tool
• Using coaching to mobilize others
• Keeping employees focused on forward progress
• Coaching at various levels of work supervision
What do your employees do when you’re not around? Hopefully they are productive and motivated, but are they following the plan you have in mind? How can you keep them focused on the key goals when you’re busy elsewhere? Do you always feel the need to be looking over someone’s shoulder?
Most bosses have wrestled with these questions to some degree. Your job is to get people in motion. If you feel you always need to be in control you might be like a puppeteer whose marionette ...