Coaching Faith-Based Organizations and Churches
In This Chapter
• Coaching volunteers in the church to make decisions and take action
• Shifting the minister’s role from telling to asking
• Preventing minister burnout
• Learning from powerful questions Jesus asked
• Helping people grow at their own pace
Coaching is about connecting with people. Faith-based organizations want to connect with people. So coaching for excellence is as relevant for faith-based organizations as it is for any business. Just as coaching helps people at work do their jobs better, coaching also helps people improve their ministries.
Many of the topics already presented in this book also apply to faith-based organizations, but churches and other faith-based organizations ...