Emotions: Friends or Foes
In This Chapter
• Emotions can offer us important information worth paying attention to
• Emotions operate as an internal self-guidance system
• Expressing some painful emotions may help facilitate effective coping and emotional healing
• How bad feelings build up into a bad mood
• How to know if your emotions are healthy or not
Contentment, excitement, happiness, apprehension, despair, shame, rage … the range of human emotions is huge and complex. Clearly it’s emotions that give life meaning, fuel inspiration, and bring people together. Emotions can also stoke the fires of worry and send us into dark places … sometimes driving us to our knees.
In this chapter, we’ll look at the essential aspects of emotion: how ...