Why Some People Are More Sensitive: Understanding Your Emotional Self
In This Chapter
• Your existing set point for emotional sensitivity
• What emotional sensitivity is and how this is influenced by temperament
• How maternal stress hormones can damage a fetus’s nervous system
• Helping an infant to develop a stress-resistant brain
• Decision-making as related to temperament and your inner level of emotional sensitivity
What factors contribute to emotional set points, ego strength, and attitudes about expressing feelings? It’s important to look at and really understand several crucial points of a complex puzzle … those factors that determine or influence emotional reactions and moods. This understanding will be the foundation for many ...