Potent Solutions for Improving Sleep
In This Chapter
• The importance of improving sleep
• Techniques used to enhance sleep
• High-yield strategies to calming down the stressed-out body
• The role of exercise in improving sleep
Deep in the brain stem are nerve centers that activate the brain. Every waking moment, these nerve centers spritz the brain with chemicals that maintain alertness and keep you awake. In order to fall asleep, you must shut down the activities in these brain-stem centers.
Four factors are known to activate these alerting nerve cells, all of which are directly play a role in preventing sleep:
• Stimulating drugs, such as caffeine.
• The presences of stress hormones in circulation.
• Activation from the body (especially ...