Professional Treatments for Anxiety and Depression
In This Chapter
• Serious depressions and anxiety disorders are very common
• Am I just “down” or is it really major depression?
• Biochemical imbalances in the brain or hormonal changes (especially in women)
• Bipolar (manic-depressive) illness is more common than you might think
• Psychological and medical treatments are very effective
Many people experience significant struggles with anxiety and depression. These common emotional problems affect people from all walks of life. Effective medical and psychological treatments have been developed, and yet most people in our country never seek treatment. In this final chapter, we will take a look at these common psychological problems and ...